+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 27
- 07-01-2006, 09:40 AM #1
Build your own polytunnel
Haven't tried it yet but it is in the list of 'things to do'.
- 07-01-2006, 12:25 PM #2Germinator
- Join Date
- Jan 2006
Thanks for the build your own polytunnel link! Been looking for this.
- 07-01-2006, 08:48 PM #3
Glad to be a help to you!
- 17-01-2006, 04:07 PM #4
build your own polytunnel
Try this one,
its clearer, easier and I have built one to. Its Grand
- 11-03-2006, 11:55 PM #5Germinator
- Join Date
- Mar 2006
If you are looking at the "build-your-own" on Freeserve, one of the key bits in the plan are the PVC cross pieces that help form the spine. Although the writer says they are out of production, something that looks similar is listed on lbsgardenwarehouse.co.uk (four-way tee listed in three sizes). I have spent ages looking for a cross piece and its the only one I have found so far. I don't know if it will work, but it looks a possibility.
- 12-03-2006, 12:44 PM #6
This looks like an easier version and much more catered towards changes.Best wishes
Harbinger of Rhubarb tales
- 12-03-2006, 12:58 PM #7
I seem to remeber a home made poly tunnel somewhere else on the allotment web ring, He udes some 3" square posts with the Water piping over the top. that way you could have more headroom at the sides. I'll go a googling and see what I find....ntgNever be afraid to try something new.
Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
A large group of professionals built the Titanic
- 17-03-2006, 09:49 PM #8
Here is a piccy of my homemade polytunnel taken when building the raised beds. the sides are straight up to 5ft then curve. this allows full use of the width as no room is lost where the tunnel curves. The pipe is slid over 8ft lengths of scaffold pipe knocked in 3ft.
I have added a 20mm conduit strenghener through the very top of the pipe to stiffen things up just like on a bought polytunnel. The structure is immensely strong and has cost just £95 for the cover with the rest salvage.
- By JohnMac in forum Undercover OperationsReplies: 1Last Post: 18-04-2010, 02:10 PM
- By fredtbad in forum Undercover OperationsReplies: 12Last Post: 05-09-2008, 03:59 PM
- By Polly Fouracre in forum Rule the RoostReplies: 2Last Post: 21-08-2008, 08:34 PM
- By allotmentlady in forum Undercover OperationsReplies: 4Last Post: 14-04-2008, 09:14 AM
- By garrett in forum New ShootsReplies: 10Last Post: 01-07-2006, 08:33 AM