Sport???

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sport???

Have noticed that the BBC has now got coverage of netball to add to tennis, football, golf, athletics, cycling and many other boring sports, all with highly paid "pundits" no doubt. They are just encouraging more generations of couch potatoes who sit and watch rather than venturing into the great outdoors. I would rather boil my head or watch something like scrabble, poker or monopoly tounaments (speeded up of course) in my spare time.
    Am I alone or would anyone else think ALL this coverage is a waste of license payers money and so, so, so boring.

How about wooden spoon stirring?

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
      How about wooden spoon stirring?
      More exciting than cricket!

Comment

Rugby Union world cup later in the year from Japan to look forward to as well...………..

Comment

Originally posted by burnie View Post
          Rugby Union world cup later in the year from Japan to look forward to as well...………..
          Aaaarrrggghhh!!!!!!!

Comment

Let's reverse the question, greenishfing!
            What would you put on the TV that everyone would enjoy and that you consider to be worth the licence fee?

Comment

I’m enjoying the Tour de France

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                Let's reverse the question, greenishfing!
                What would you put on the TV that everyone would enjoy and that you consider to be worth the licence fee?
                More grand designs

Comment

Drama and crime set in modern day. NOT sport, not soaps and definitely not reality TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
                    I’m enjoying the Tour de France
                    Me too!!!!!!!!!
                    Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Come on, Geraint

Comment

Footballs begun up here and the rugby won't be far away, then there's snooker, must be some athletics somewhere, Netball World Cups on, when's the Olympics...…….great(oh there's even some competition fishing too)

Comment

I'm enjoying the netball
                          sigpic
                          1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

.. not really...

they just stand around and chuck the ball to one another - bit meh...

"Netball is just basketball with the fun bits taken out of it. You can’t run with the ball, you have needlessly confusing zones that you’re mostly not allowed in, and only two people on the team are allowed to shoot. And that’s only from inside the D, which is tiny, and they can’t slam-dunk it! So the three things you go to watch basketball for, i.e. mad dribbling skillz [sic], outrageous slam dunks, and crazy three point shots at the buzzer, are all out of the question. Just why!? And just to add insult to injury, you have to stand a metre away from the person on the ball or something stupid, so there is literally nothing you can do to stop someone scoring a basket/goal/net(?) if they’ve practiced their technique enough. You just have to stand there and watch as they throw it over your head. "
                            sigpic

Comment

I don't usually agree with USA sport opinion but...
                              sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X