Courgette small plants

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Courgette small plants

I've grown some Courgettes from seed on my windowsill and they are growing quite fast so I'm wondering would they be okay sitting in the greenhouse until they are able to go outside.

Should be Ok in there while quite mild but if a frost is forecast I would bring them in

Comment

Brilliant thanks mcdood.

Comment

I've had some in the GH for a couple of weeks but I cover them every night with bubblewrap.

Comment

You can always put them in the greenhouse but (unless its heated) I would expect to sow some more because they're going to grow a lot over the next couple of months before they can go out.

Comment

Didn't realize I'd started so soon when these things grow so fast. I'll put in greenhouse and cover with fleece at night and probably sow some more in April. I've also started my tomatoes, peppers, aubergines which are sitting on windowsill but done same last year and they were perfect.

Comment

Careful how many you sow once they start fruiting they produce so many you can't give them away

Comment

Just planted a couple of courgettes at the weekend inside and see they are already poking through. Will put them in the unheated greenhouse and cover up if need be. I usually find they are pretty tough but it’ll be a good while before I’d think of planting them outside.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdood View Post
                  Careful how many you sow once they start fruiting they produce so many you can't give them away
                  I ate over 200 courgettes last year and I'm desperate for more.

Comment

I sow courgette seeds 4 weeks ago and I have flowers!!!! This didnt happen last year.

They are in 0.5lt pots.
                    Last edited by Selymbria; 19-03-2019, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                      I ate over 200 courgettes last year and I'm desperate for more.
                      My main use was grating into salads so maybe I need more recipes. I find them very bland when cooked although Ok to bulk out a spicy stew or veggi chilli type meal.

Comment

2 main dishes we cook with courgettes

1.Mucver(Turkish)https://www.thespruceeats.com/mucver...itters-2355353

2. Stuffed zucchini (kabak dolmasi in Turkish)Recipe Kabak Dolmasi (Zucchini Stuffed with Meat and Rice)

Both excellent!

Originally posted by mcdood View Post
                        My main use was grating into salads so maybe I need more recipes. I find them very bland when cooked although Ok to bulk out a spicy stew or veggi chilli type meal.

Comment

Thank you Selymbria, I've tried stuffing them before with a veggie mix, and it was Ok. I'll give the Mucver a go that looks tasty.

Comment

You need to stuff with rice, minced lamb, and the carved courgette mix.
                            For mucver; it is best to fry with olive oil. You can freeze it. Delicious hot or cold as a snack
                            Last edited by Selymbria; 20-03-2019, 07:21 AM.

Comment

I prefer to leave the lamb in the field but I'll give the Mucver a go , thanks Selymbria.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X