Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's official - garden and live long

BBC - Capital - Gardening could be the hobby that helps you live to 100

Oh Dear, I'll have to find something else then to beat my wife's ancestor who lived to be 108 in Ireland.

Comment

I think there is someone on the Vine who is proof of that but it is bad manners to discuss a ladies age so I won't mention VC
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

I'm off to find another hobby then. I don't want to live till I'm 100.

Bob's Nan made it to 107. Don't know if she did much gardening. I didn't meet her until she was 99. She'd given up most hobbies by then apart from alcohol

Comment

^There's something so Walter Whitish about that cool emoji. I do a double take every time I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
            I didn't meet her until she was 99. She'd given up most hobbies by then apart from alcohol
            Way to go! She used the alcohol as a preservative

Comment

Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
              Way to go! She used the alcohol as a preservative
              I think she did after her 105 birthday party Bob's mum (lived next door) had to get the Dr out to see her.
              Turned out she was pi$$ed. The family didn't realise how many different people had refilled her sherry glass .
              A marvellous lady

Comment

I laugh at my Mum (98) when the doctors ask her about her lifestyle -

Do you smoke? - No, never.

Drink? Well, I used to have a sherry at Christmas!

Even then she was tiddly.

Comment

Don't you just love the tales tolled on here,real life,not a news twister,they make me laugh.
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
                    I'm off to find another hobby then. I don't want to live till I'm 100.
                    I am having difficulty understanding this Sp, enjoy your life now, don't wait till you are a hundred before you start to live
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X