Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neem Oil

Help required please

Next season I am going to try neem oil to combat whitefly. Looking on line there are so many different concentrations, its impossible to know whats best.

Can anyone make a recommendation please?

Don't buy any GL . I'll send you mine. I brought a bottle this year to use on my chillies for the greenfly.
    It did work well.........but I found it left a bit of a sticky residue on the plants, it made the polytunnel smell of soy sauce! ( I like soy sauce but not necessarily in the polytunnle! ), the process needed repeating fortnightly ( ish ) and I found it to be a bit of an indiscriminate killer. Which is the main reason I stopped using it. You're more than welcome to it if you like.
    I think the mix was 5ml per ltr of water with a couple of drops of soap in a sprayer.

Comment

Very kind of you SP, let me know the postage cost

Comment

Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
        Don't buy any GL . I'll send you mine. I brought a bottle this year to use on my chillies for the greenfly.
        It did work well.........but I found it left a bit of a sticky residue on the plants, it made the polytunnel smell of soy sauce! ( I like soy sauce but not necessarily in the polytunnle! ), the process needed repeating fortnightly ( ish ) and I found it to be a bit of an indiscriminate killer. Which is the main reason I stopped using it. You're more than welcome to it if you like.
        I think the mix was 5ml per ltr of water with a couple of drops of soap in a sprayer.
        Thanks for this, SP. I was considering getting some for treating my overwintering plants in the house. If it stinks out the polytunnel then I certainly don't want it in my bedrooms! I'll just have to order some new ladybirds, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
          Very kind of you SP, let me know the postage cost
          I'll get it in the post early next week

Comment

Neem oil going in the post today GL

It solidifies when it's cold. Which is its current state, due to living in the shed. So hopefully it won't leak in the post.
            Get it back to room temperature it'll be liquid again.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Arrived safely SP, thank you very much

Comment

Glad it's got to you in one piece

Comment

wonderful stuff gets rid of everything (do it late evening to not get bees as they should be in bed by then) and as long as it's mixed with water it should be ok for the bees by morning as the water denatures it so it's harmless, except to your nasal passages.

I use garlic, and chilli spray if I'm desperate, but I've got a very well fed family of robins who follow me round the lottie, eating bugs

I used it for fleas once, killed them all ... however the cats wouldn't come in the house for a week, and son went to stay at his mates ... seriously don't use it In the house, unless you can leave all the windows open or you're going on holiday till the stench has gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
                      Help required please

Next season I am going to try neem oil to combat whitefly. Looking on line there are so many different concentrations, its impossible to know whats best.

Can anyone make a recommendation please?
                      Thing is it’s illegal, it’s not a certified pesticide. It’s illegal to own, buy, sell and use.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CBD9F346-8F10-468B-B658-615CF74AE7E8.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	2382327
                      Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

This article explains why https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ear...nic-crops.html

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X