Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings From The Pepper Man!

Hello everybody,

I have a chilli farm and have grown countless varieties in recent years. If you need advice on what varieties to grow, environmental requirements, or any problems affecting your chilli pepper plants, I am the one to ask.

I am growing more than 30 different varieties at present, with many stand out varieties which are thriving outdoors in the UK, with no greenhouse. All pepper types have done very well this year, but there are a few varieties that I wouldn't bother growing again.

I am also working on some cross breeds. One of which is a white Carolina Reaper (White Bhut Jolokia x Carolina Reaper). It won't let me upload pictures yet for some reason, so I will update in the coming days on this year's pepper plants.

Take care everyone

Hi Pepper Man, welcome to the forum.... there are a few very experienced chilli growers here I'm sure you'll enjoy sharing your knowledge with. Unfortunately, you'll need to make a few more posts before you can post pictures, forum rules and all that.
    He-Pep!

Comment

Hello and welcome to the vine.

Looking forward to hear and see how your chili's are getting on.
      Carrie

Comment

Welcome to the vine pepper man

You're living the dream, having a chilli farm. I'm working on it .
        I'm growing 39 varieties this year.

So as you're not aloud to say the name of your chilli farm because of advertising and all that. What products do you sell? Plug plant, mature plants, fresh chillies, sauces, powder?

Come and join us here
        https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...8-a_95416.html

We like chillies some are obsessed but not me I have it all under control

Comment

Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
          We like chillies....some are obsessed but not me I have it all under control
          ^^^^ splutters tea all over the screen!

And a big hello from me too!Welcome to the Vine...you'll have fun here...may even learn a few things from some of our experienced chilli growers!!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Hello and welcome from me too. You won't learn anything about chilies from me - can't stand them - they scare me
            You may be interested in joining the Chilli and pepper seed swap https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...8-a_95681.html
            Membership is restricted to those who have made 50 posts and have been members for 3 months - you still have time to achieve these.

Comment

Hello and welcome! Thanks for the offer of advice, which I will take you up on straight away:

This year I am growing Aji White Fantasy for the first time. The pods turn white very quickly, when they are still quite small. The first ones set months ago. How do I know when they are ripe? I read somewhere that they go slightly yellowish again when mature, but I'm not seeing that happen. The Aji Champion in the next pot started setting pods about the same time, and they are starting to colour up now, so I'd expect the Fantasy to be maturing too. I picked one of the oldest pods which started to turn brown at the edge; when I cut it open, the seeds seemed to be ripe, but it was still insipid and meh. Is that just how these pods are, no flavour, no heat, just a juicy crunch?

Comment

Hey Pepper Man,

Sounds good Whereabouts are you based?

I am also working on some cross breeds. One of which is a white Carolina Reaper
                I for one would be very interested in your progress with that. Next year I plan to do Chocolate Carolina Reaper. Also White Fatalii (yellow version a personal favourite), and Giant White Habanero, among others. Took delivery of a big shipment of seeds from the States few weeks ago, lots of new colour variants emerging now it seems

Comment

Hi and welcome,
                  I'm looking forward to your posts! I grow chillis at home, but this year has been really disappointing, out of the 15 plants that started off really healthy I've got one left (it's doing really well though so I'm pleased) the others started off great but one by one their leaves started to drop off and they just gave up the ghost. It was most odd.
                  The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
                  - Sir Terry Pratchett, Diggers

sigpic As nutty as a fruitcake. Mmmmmmm cake.

https://blog.wizards-tower.co.uk

Comment

Hello and welcome.
                    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Hello - sounds good to me - Im growing chillies at home for the first time ever (first time ever Ive ever grown anything to be honest) and each of my 18 plants lol seem to be thriving now after some great advice from people on this forum when I was struggling. Im just upping my post count so i can take a picture of them to show everyone so welcome and I might be in touch. If you are local to me you can have a few because at this rate, Im going to have chillies comin out me ears!!! I might be asking a few more questions about them soon but its always helpful to have pictures...

Jimbo

Comment

Hello The Pepper Man

As you are the expert I need some advice, how do you start a chilli farm, and when can I start

Welcome

Comment

I'd like The Pepper Man to explain what a chilli farm is and how big it needs to be to be a farm

Comment

I have grown chillis in the past, but they have always turned out to be far too spicy for me. Those that have been milder, then sometimes throw in one fruit that burns my face off.

Can you, or anyone, advise on a chili that has a little bit of heat, but generally thought of as incredibly mild? When people say something's "not too spicy" it still takes my face off lol
                            https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Sweet pepper maybe...
                              sigpic
                              1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X