Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I plant out leeks now?

Hi

Does anybody know if I can plant out leeks now, I picked up a couple of reduced trays of leeks and have some space spare, winter hardy, so maybe I will have leeks in the spring?

Bung 'em in

Comment

Best months to plant out leeks are the months of May, June and July. As it’s only the middle of August now I reckon all will be fine, especially as you are very much south of the U.K. I agree with Veggie - what she wrote can be roughly translated as ‘ transplant them now and they will be ok’. 🤗
      Last edited by cheops; 13-08-2018, 08:18 PM.

Comment

I knew you'd understand me and be able to translate.

Comment

thanks VC and Cheops
          Last edited by chillithyme; 13-08-2018, 08:25 PM.

Comment

'Bung em in/transplant them now and they will be ok' I will asap

Comment

Absolutely plant them. When I was a lad(always swore I would never say that), the new tatties would be harvested and then the leeks would be planted into the same bed. My new tatties haven't all been lifted yet, ergo, my conclusion is sound

Comment

I gave you my standard short answer - the long version is "Bung 'em in. What have you got to lose?"

Comment

At worst you can harvest baby Leeks - have you seen the price of those in the shops

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                  ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                  ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

I've lifted some potatoes so I can bung em in there
                    Id be happy with baby leeks, and even happier that I'm not paying a silly price for them in the shops,win win

Comment

dam it ,i forgot about leeks ,i am going to put garlic in where my potatos were ,when do you harvest leeks sown at this time ? are they overwintered the same as garlic and onions ? cheers
                      The Dude abides.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X