Peaches.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peaches.

Just been picking the first peach of the year. Surprised at how large they are this year.
    Bob.

considering how late spring came, the peaches this year are great, we are 3/4 through ours now ,with the nectarines just ready, and the taste has been very good too, some summers, when the sun forgets to come out, the taste is not so lovely, a bit watery, but not this year, the heatwave actually reached us so we didn't have to just watch it on the telly, it has gone back to that now though, rain + cloud for about last 2 weeks, cool too, for the middle of the summer but we did enjoy our brief taste of a proper summer. we just want more and more and more..
    Last edited by BUFFS; 04-08-2018, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Keep wondering if I kill some plants with "kindness". The peach was put outside to make room for the bedding plants and just watered. Best crop so far. Figs got the same treatment and enjoying them to.
      Bob.

Comment

Only had 4 and one went over. The others were nice though.

Comment

I had one nectarine, first fruit of a seedling from a supermarket peach stone germinated winter 13-14. It was a perfectly good nectarine except that I had to pick it a couple of days early before going on holiday.

Comment

We have finished most of our peaches now and have a great amount of nectarines , a bit small as I left too many on the tree, but they taste lovely.. and I managed to take a snap of both...
            Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X