Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planting in a polytunnel in August

Hi all,

New to the forum and new to the growing game!

I have previously acquired a allotment which is now cleared but unfortunately I have missed the growing season, I have a 25ft Pollytunnel and I an curious what I can start growing in there that will take me over the winter months.

Thanks
    Phil

Welcome to the Vine. There is an excellent book ‘ How to Grow Food in your Poly Tunnel All Year Round’. It suggests Beetroot, Purple Sprouting Broccoli, Cabbage, Carrots, Cauliflower, Coriander, Kohlrabi, Lettuce, Pak Choi, Peas, Radish, rocket, Spring onions, Strawberries, Sweet Potato’s and Turnips.

Best of Luck.
    Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by roitelet View Post
      Welcome to the Vine. There is an excellent book ‘ How to Grow Food in your Poly Tunnel All Year Round’. It suggests Beetroot, Purple Sprouting Broccoli, Cabbage, Carrots, Cauliflower, Coriander, Kohlrabi, Lettuce, Pak Choi, Peas, Radish, rocket, Spring onions, Strawberries, Sweet Potato’s and Turnips.

Best of Luck.
      Thanks

Wow Strawberries really!!!

I have a similar book doesn't mention cauliflower carrots or strawberries I will be over the moon if that is the case, should I be sowing seeds now?

Thanks

Comment

Hi and welcome to the Vine.
        A good place to start are the Growing Guides at https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/how-to-grow.
        If you know what you'd like to grow it will tell you, month by month, how to do it.

Comment

Asap!!!!!!!!
          Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X