Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from a Wiltshire Newbie

Hi All

Recently been getting into gardening and growing things.

I will be looking at possibly joining my local gardening club.

My wife and I have put ourselves on the list for an allotment plot, as we don't have much of a garden - a few raised beds and lots of pots for now.

We mostly have wild flowers, roses, bulbs, and two postage stamp sized bits of lawn, but are looking at growing some veg next year.

I thought I'd join to gain knowledge and possibly share my experiences with others - lots of information on the forum pages to keep me going for a while.

Best wishes

Wayner

Hi Wayner and welcome.
    Lots of growers with small gardens here - but its surprising how much can be grown in them. Once you're started with a few pots and you've picked something homegrown, there'll be no turning back.

Comment

Welcome to the vine, enjoy the benefits of the advice and humour

Comment

Many thanks for the replies and welcome.

I want to have a look at square-foot gardening techniques and think about pot sizes and placement, as well as try and make our back garden look tidy and organized.

Will have plenty of time for research before next year's growing season. Although with the summer still very much here, there could be a chance to try out with some quick growing veg.

Comment

Still time to sow some mixed salad leaves/lettuce, carrots, dwarf French beans, radish and turnips and I'm sure there are more!

Comment

Welcome along...
            sigpic
            1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

Thank you for the suggestions. Might well give a few a try at the weekend.

Thanks again for the friendly welcome.

Comment

Hi Wayner, welcome to the forum.....I'm also in Wiltshire .

Comment

HI Wayner1973

Welcome , lots of lovely folk on here happy to help.

Comment

Welcome to the vine

Comment

Welcome aboard,
                      I lived in Wiltshire, many,many moons ago...
                      The soil was very, very chalky if my memory serves me right.

Comment

Hello and welcome.
                        I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Thank you all again for your greetings.

I live in North Wilts near the Glos border. The soil is unfortunately largely clay up here, hence use of raised beds and pots.

Off to a garden centre / nursery later for some seeds. Gonna go for some salad types I think.

Comment

Hello, and welcome to the Vine. Another ex Wiltshire gal here. Some really great advice on here too, look forward to watching your progress
                            A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Originally posted by Wayner1973 View Post
                              I live in North Wilts near the Glos border. The soil is unfortunately largely clay up here, hence use of raised beds and pots.
                              I’m also on clay, it does get water logged in the winter but it’s good to grow in

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X