Raw vegetables

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raw vegetables

Watching Hugh Fearlessly Eats it all on the Good Food channel, he's eating veggies raw, any one else do this?
    I am always browsing as I wander round the garden, my entire crop of Sweetcorn last year was eaten for pudding straight from the plant, I prefer Cabbage and Brussels raw too, ditto carrots. Peas rarely get to the kitchen either, I do cook spuds always but most other stuff is preferred raw.

Yep, we do. Peas occ make to into kitchen , but we have them raw in salads. We quite happily pull a kale, chard, cabbage leaf for a nibble.

Some things are better nutritional if cooked, carrots being one of them, but a freshly pulled carrot taste so good raw.
    Elsie

Comment

Things I always cook: potatoes, leeks and aubergines. Oh, and broad beans.Quite happy to sample/eat everything else raw, though I must admit that I don't usually eat large amounts of raw beans, just a nibble or two. Oh yes: having sampled an olive straight off the tree, I'm never doing that again. Yuck.

I didn't know that about carrots, elsie. I love raw carrots.

Comment

I never bother with these fancy dips, just wipe the mud off on my trousers and eat stuff, maybe I should try something like a sweet chillie dip for a change.

Comment

I love grazing on the plot.

Comment

My raddish never even gets as far as the tap.
            Pull them out, wipe the muck off, top and tail.

I'll probably end up with a tape work or something.

Comment

Runner beans, radish, peas and carrots for me

Comment

Ditto, Burnie. I do cook veg, but love most of them raw too. At Christmas, when everyone else is having cooked sprouts, I have mine raw with gravy on, the same with peas.

About the only veg I wouldn't eat raw is leek, although I bet they taste good sliced up in vinegar, the same way I do onions, only just thought of that....hmm.....

Tiny new potatoes, fresh out of the ground with the skin rubbed off on your jeans taste wonderfully sweet and nutty, and not at all starchy. And baby broad beans, with the skin peeled off are just like fresh peas.
                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                Endless wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                  Things I always cook: potatoes, leeks and aubergines. Oh, and broad beans.Quite happy to sample/eat everything else raw, though I must admit that I don't usually eat large amounts of raw beans, just a nibble or two. Oh yes: having sampled an olive straight off the tree, I'm never doing that again. Yuck.

I didn't know that about carrots, elsie. I love raw carrots.
                  It is to do with the beta carotene being released when cooked. https://www.prevention.com/food-nutr...oked-than-raw/
                  Elsie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X