Cucumber Leaves

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cucumber Leaves

Does anyone please know why my Marketmore Cucumber leaves are so floppy. Plant is in greenhouse and been like that for days.

Click image for larger version

Name:	downloadbb.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	2406292

Something wrong with the roots, or the stem at soil level would be my guess - probably some sort of pest causing the problem - only way to tell for sure is to dig a round in the compost - quite frankly I wouldn't be too optimistic of saving it.

Comment

Looks like cold to me?

Comment

Originally posted by Chippy Minton View Post
        Looks like cold to me?
        and to me, or maybe just in a draught

Comment

Marketmore are better outside aren’t they? They might be too hot,some of mine have been doing the same so I put them in the shade & water them but mind the stem doesn’t get wet.

Comment

So if I plant outside shall I plant it in a shady place or full sun

Comment

Cucumber wilt is a common problem. Can be caused by a few things. Beasties nibbling at the roots is one and they are really prone to fungal attack at soil level. I grow mine in a bottomless pot on top of a larger pot of free draining compost. That seems to work for me.

Comment

It would appear it cant get enough water.

Could be small routes, could be thin stem, could be too hot, could be too much water and roots rotting etc.

Have you tried misting the leaves with a water squirter?

Have you been over feeding it too much nitrogen?

Fon

Comment

While it’s in that condition,I’d just move the whole tub outside it’s too wilty to transplant,it wouldn’t be fair to the plant to have to move while it’s feeling like that. Hopefully there’s nothing wrong with the stem has it been overwatered because if it hasn’t give it a little water but not on the stem

Comment

Should have mentioned that if it is the roots that are the problem, and if the plant is still trying to grow then you can sometimes encourage new roots to form by mounding compost up the sides of the stem. Please note this is the exact opposite of what you shpuld normally do with cucumbers, melons etc, but sometimes works as a try of last resort.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X