Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Comfrey - Symphytum orientale

I like this plant and so do the bees!
    Its in flower now and will soon be setting seed. Since I have enough of these plants already I'm going to de-head it but, before I do, does anyone want some seeds?

It spreads by seeding but not excessively. Can be used like other comfreys as fertiliser and the flowers are, IMO lovely!!

Comfrey (White) / White Comfrey - Wild Flower Finder

Don't want any seeds but a friend has this on their garden and VC is right, it really is attractive and quite well behaved compared to standard comfrey
    Another happy Nutter...

Comment

I would like to try some, especially if the bees like it. It's not on the map for growing here but since it is hardy worth a try.

Can see if our Bombus Magnus like them, we just love that name and have taken to calling any white bottomed bee that.

PM your address and I'll send a SAE.
      Elsie

Comment

It'll be a while before I have seeds, elsie, as they're still flowering. I'll keep you some and PM you when they're ready.
        There are all sorts of bees on them. I'll have a good look tomorrow - see if I can spot a Bombus Magnus.

Comment

Great thanks. x
          Elsie

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF9634.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	2378401 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF9632.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	167.0 KB
ID:	2378402

You can just about see a bee in the 1st photo!
            The 2nd photo shows why I don't need any more plants but i think they're lovely en masse. These are alongside the fruit bushes which are laden with fruit. I'm sure the comfrey helped.

Comment

I thought I had that plant but mine is only about 18inches tall...sure it’s a comfrey of sorts. Mine is also well behaved. I’ll get a photo later.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X