Wrinkled plums!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrinkled plums!!

If it's not a rude question, I wondered if anyone could suggest a reason that my plums seem to be wrinkled.
    We've just returned off honeymoon so the garden has been a little neglected, but frankly the tree is very mature and I wouldn't have thought it would have suffered as a result.
    The plums are similar to (if not actually??) Victoria plums and are ripe now, but the greatest proportion of them (esp. at the ends of the branches) are smaller than average and wrinkly, yet don't come off the tree easily when pulled.
    Any ideas??

Ready made prunes?
    Don't know why though?
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

We find a few of ours in each cluster wrinkle and dry up.... not sure why though (ours are Victoria)

Comment

I can find no disease, either bacterial or viral, which displays those symptoms, so it is most likely to be weather? or normal? or psychological? Remove the affected plums and burn or bin, just in case.

Comment

Just unlucky I guess, agree with Paulstris get rid of them. I've had problems in the past with plums going mouldy (my fault, too tight to thin them). This year I've had a wonderful crop (Victoria) only a few showing brown rot, some got slug and snail damage (I've caught the little bu***rs right at the top of the tree!! Not had any problem with wrinkling, though. Must be caused by the fruit drying out, but why? Sorry got no ideas as to cause.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X