Sweet corn

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet corn

Growing sweet corn for the first time. Going to be growing it in the tunnel. Just trying to work out what size tub / container to use. I know what head room is needed and I know what spacings are needed. How much depth do the roots need?

I grew mine in my greenhouse last year, but in the border soil, roots went down quite a way and they were around 7 feet tall. I am told you can grow it in a grow bag, but my thoughts were for a plant that big you wouldn't get many in a bag.

Comment

Thanks burnie.
      I'll have to go with one of the 100+lt tubs then and not a fish box which was my other option.

Comment

Originally posted by burnie View Post
        I grew mine in my greenhouse last year, but in the border soil, roots went down quite a way and they were around 7 feet tall. I am told you can grow it in a grow bag, but my thoughts were for a plant that big you wouldn't get many in a bag.
        I've got seven in a 1 x 0.4 x 0.4 m growbag in my greenhouse - time will tell as to whether they have enough room.

Comment

Keep us updated on how it goes Chris

Comment

Useful to know. I have the chance to use an extra greenhouse in my neighbours garden and think i might grow some extra sweetcorn inside as well as the ones i put outside in the raised beds.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X