Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crapaudine growing 2018

Not entirely sure how this has happened
    ( but then I'm still not sure how I've ended up growing 14 varieties of sprouts this year ...... Must be a vine thing )

Lottie dolly
    Snoop puss
    Mrbadexample
    Thelma sanders
    Sparrow 100
    Small pumpkin
    Rary
    Mrbadexample

Anybody else want to join us? More the merrier.

I don't think we need to be overly scientific about this ( but you can if you want ). Give as much or as little information as you like. Photos obviously always good.
    Last edited by Small pumpkin; 17-04-2018, 07:28 PM.

Am waiting for my seed delivery ,it is the challenges we like bahhhhbahhhhhbahhhhh,,plus they look and sound interestingly different,
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

For those who don't know what they are growing....

https://www.dobies.co.uk/Garden/Vege...ine_431994.htm

* others stockists ARE available!!!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Great. I'll be overwintering my Crapaudine, so won't be sowing them till June. I've overwintered them in the ground before. Temps that winter hit minus 9 ºC and they did OK, even though I didn't cover them with a mulch. Just in case anyone wants to do that too.

(Before then, Monika, Crosby's Egyptian and Boldor. Thought I had some other varieties too... must have chucked out my decluttered seeds after all. Either that, or Mr Snoop did it for me to save me the heartache.)

Edited to add: I've just looked at Nicos's link. So's you know, they will grow much, much bigger than that. Mine weren't as pretty in shape, but whoppers in comparison. And still not woody. Still delicious flavour.
        Last edited by Snoop Puss; 13-04-2018, 08:38 AM.

Comment

While searching for a certain beetroot recipe, I found this.

Crapaudine Beetroots Information, Recipes and Facts

Comment

Edited to add: I've just looked at Nicos's link. So's you know, they will grow much, much bigger than that. Mine weren't as pretty in shape, but whoppers in comparison. And still not woody. Still delicious flavour.[/QUOTE]

OK you sold them,

thanks for the extra info snoop,by the time the ground is suitable,it will be june here the way things are going with the wet.
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

SP, great looking recipes. Thanks. I've bookmarked that.

Comment

I have just sown mine. Nom! They do get so much bigger and uglier than the Dobies pic...

SP your envelope isn't here yet and the postie has just been with a heap of junk mail. Will send it back as soon as it floats through the letterbox.

I am growing:
                Crapaudine, Crosbys Egyptian, Dobies Purple, Sanguina, Boltardy and a yeller one I can't remember the name of - touchstone gold I think?
                http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

Originally posted by sparrow100 View Post
                  I have just sown mine. Nom! They do get so much bigger and uglier than the Dobies pic...

SP your envelope isn't here yet and the postie has just been with a heap of junk mail. Will send it back as soon as it floats through the letterbox.

I am growing:
                  Crapaudine, Crosbys Egyptian, Dobies Purple, Sanguina, Boltardy and a yeller one I can't remember the name of - touchstone gold I think?
                  Envelope posted yesterday. It should be with you soon

I'll be growing crapaudine only. And that's one more variety of beetroot than I was going too! I've still got over 3lt of pickled beetroot from last year and I don't want to look at how many jars of beetroot chutney I've still got

Tv is very bad for you ( chefy programs anyway)

Comment

I think I will give this a try, not for any competition or show, just to see what kind of veg was on the go when VC was a girl
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

You do like to live on the edge don't you young Rary
                      ( you did make me giggle, but don't tell VC )

I'll pencil you in rary. There's no competition and no show. It's just to see if we can

Comment

Seeds have arrived thank you sparrow
                        Seeds are sown

Comment

So have mine

Comment

Seeds sown Saturday 14th April.
                            Our England is a garden, and such gardens are not made
                            By singing-'Oh how beautiful!" and sitting in the shade,
                            While better men than we go out and start their working lives
                            At grubbing weeds from gravel paths with broken dinner-knives. ~ Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Welcome to the party

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X