Too late to plant Onion sets

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too late to plant Onion sets

Hi all, I’m injured and not been great recently as I have a diagnosed bulging disc which has meant I can’t get into the garden as much.

Is it too late for me to plant my onion sets?i was planning on planting them weeks ago.

Kind Regards........Rob

Nope, loads of time yet..Get them in..
    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
    sigpic

Comment

Are we on about autumn planted sets? If not, its still a bit early to plant the summer versions.
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I also have health/mobility issues, in the past when I have missed autumn planting I start the sets in module trays and plant them out as early as I can in the new year, doesn't seem to do any harm, what you want to avoid is autumn sets sprouting in the bags get them in the ground or modules as soon as you can

Comment

i havent planted mine and wont for a few more weeks ,next week we have a big cold spell coming in from the east and i expect abit of rainfall too so they wont like that i will prob wait 2-3 weeks till i put mine in ,hope you get better soon ,gl ,cheers
          The Dude abides.

Comment

I planted some shallots on wednesday and today iv'e covered em over with some carpet and hesian dont want to lose them to the cold ! I was going to put some oinion sets yesterday glad I didn't now !
            atb Dal.

Comment

Just starting to prep my onion bed - added organic matter and some chicken pellets ready to be planted and netted in a few weeks

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
              ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
              ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Thanks everyone. Hope I am good enough to get them done in the next coming weeks then. Made me a bit happier as the disc problem is making me depressed so thanks.

Regards.......Rob

Comment

Dynamite I hope you improve. Pace yourself but getting a bit of work done in the garden will be good for your state of mind. I am the unhappy owner of two very dodgy shoulders and growing is like my therapy.

Comment

I hope not as I only put some onion and shallot sets in last weekend! We’re due to be hit by the bad weather this week (Ive dug out the path salt I bought in 2011 and never had to use), so im planning on going to the allotment and covering them over tomorrow.

Comment

Thanks so much to everyone for the input. I planted all my onion sets and shallots today.

I also sowed my Paris silverskin seeds which will be for pickling.

Kind Regards...........Rob

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X