Picked my first ........... 2018

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked my first ........... 2018

Share your excitement when you pick your first strawberry, peas, tomatoes etc of 2018.

Last year's thread with links to earlier years. http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...7-a_92716.html

Will you be earlier or later this year - and will you be the first on the Vine??
    Last edited by veggiechicken; 15-01-2018, 04:59 PM.

First swede of the winter picked today. Ok, it was the size of a medium carrot, having been grown in a 30 litre pot in the shade, but a swede is a swede. I will be growing these on the allotment for next winter, so hopefully they will have room to get a little bigger.
    A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Not sure it counts as it was sawn from seed last year and not this year, but on Saturday I harvested around 50 chillies - De Cayenne -. They are now hanging to dry in the kitchen.

Click image for larger version

Name:	chillies6r.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	497.7 KB
ID:	2376202
      Nature is amazing
      Instagram: @frankinkent

Comment

Picked my first two romanesco and the psb is starting to sprout!

Comment

My first radish of 2018 - and some carrots from a bucket (but they're not the first so don't count!)

Name:	DSCF9349.jpg
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	2376500

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
            My first radish of 2018 - and some carrots from a bucket (but they're not the first so don't count!)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78606[/ATTACH]
            Nice little radish and for someone who says she has trouble growing carrots, they are looking pretty bl@@dy impressive

I won't be posting on this thread for months, feel like I'm missing out.

Comment

The carrots have been in that bucket for months - I'd almost forgotten about them - so it was a treat to find there was something edible beneath the spindly foliage!

Comment

Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
                Nice little radish and for someone who says she has trouble growing carrots, they are looking pretty bl@@dy impressive
                .out.
                I bet it's just a small dish she's put them on SP.....Jealous...me ......never lol
                Never Let the BAD be the Enemy of the GOOD

Conservation and Preservation for the Future Generation

Comment

Peas!

These were from plants sown for pea shoots in November. When picking pea shoots a while ago I discovered several flower buds, which I left to see if they would make peas. Picked 2 pods today - 3 peas in one and 2 in the other. Variety Onward.

I would have taken a photo but I ate them instead.
                  A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

French beans:

Name:	001.jpg
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	2376861

These are Sonesta, grown under the grow lights in my spare room. They are supposed to be yellow but the light is probably not intense enough for that. There are several more deveoping

Comment

Also picked the first of the rhubarb on 13th but forgot to add it here.

Comment

First strawberries last week
                        First courgette and mangetout today

All outdoors without protection!

Comment

Courgette???! Blimey! Nice going.

Lettuce and spinach a couple of weeks ago, first radish at the weekend.

Comment

Courgettes sown 20th January - cucumbers also - and I've been picking them for a few weeks. Didn't think it would work but it has. I'll do the same next year.

Comment

Peas last night - one pod with only four peas, but as I was about to give up a few weeks ago and not bother with peas I'm very happy! Now I have more pea plants of about 10 different varieties than I know what to do with :/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X