Light levels?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light levels?

This afternoon I popped down the shops and at 3.50 it was almost dark. Not sure if it's me but when I was at junior school we kicked out at 4.00pm and I don't recall it being that dark. Maybe I'm doing the sunshiny childhood memories with knee deep snow thing. I checked to see that sunset/rise times haven't changed over the years (which they haven't) but I just don't recall it being that dark at school home time.
    Has anyone else noticed the lack of light or is it my imagination.
    Location ... Nottingham

Have you moved Mr Bones ?

There's an amazing difference in light level times up and down the UK and across here in Ireland.
    .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

Was it rainy/cloudy in your area today?

I have found a rather nice website suncalc.net which gives a pretty good idea how location and date affect daylength -apparently, if we lived in Northern coast of Norway, the sun wouldn’t rise above the horizon until 22nd Jan!
      Last edited by Chestnut; 21-11-2017, 05:18 PM.

Comment

I think when its been a dull or rainy day it seems to get dark earlier maybe thats the reason.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Sure you didn't kick out at 3pm at junior school? Pretty sure we did...
          He-Pep!

Comment

Cataracts??
            I had mine removed and now every day is filled with sunshine

Comment

Dark at 3.50 perfectly normal. Had the lights on all day today.

Comment

Admit it Mr Bones - you just used to bunk off school in the afternoon

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
                  Dark at 3.50 perfectly normal. Had the lights on all day today.
                  Apart from an hour at lunchtime, when the sun showed itself, they've been on all day here, as well.

Comment

Mr bones, when were you at junior school? There was a period of time when we were running double British summer time (effectively didn't put clocks back one autumn then advanced in to summer) to try and save energy and fuel but that was from 1940 to 45.

Comment

It's not really got light all day here, proper dreich .(was dark when I left school in the early 1960s at 4.00 pm in Leicestershire)

Comment

Originally posted by burnie View Post
                        was dark when I left school in the early 1960s at 4.00 pm in Leicestershire
                        We definitely kicked out at 4.00pm too. Probably just my selective memory, I did wonder
                        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X