Kale

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kale

I planted for the first time in the first week of July some Kale and have been enjoying the vegetable by cutting the leaves as needed. Can anyone please tell me when the plants are likely to stop producing? I am trying to plan what next to plant.

Best regards,
    Greg

sigpic

It will carry on growing through winter if you leave it time to recover between pickings

Comment

May depend on the variety. I keep mine going for several years

Comment

Kale

Thank you. Not any time soon then!

Best regards,
        Greg

sigpic

Comment

...............and even when it goes to seed the florets can be used like brocolli spears!
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

............and even when it has set seed, if you cut off the seed heads, it will produce more leaves (caveat: mine do, yours may not. Don't want you to sue me for giving you duff information)

Comment

I have some nero di toscana I had in the gh last winter for baby leaves. It's been sat in a pot outside all this year as I never got round to emptying it out. Still going strong so I'm going to put it in the ground and see what happens....
              Another happy Nutter...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X