Courgettes ready - going on holiday

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Courgettes ready - going on holiday

All my plants have started producing, but I'm away for 2 weeks, with no-one to pick them! I don't want to return to 2 foot marrows, so, as well as removing immature
    ones and flowers, is there anything else I can do?

Cancel your holiday

Comment

Depending on the type of courgette plant (some will self-pollinate), you could try covering the plants with insect mesh to stop the flowers being pollinated - they will then fall off and the plant will produce more flowers. You'd have to wait a while for more courgettes to form when you got home.

I've never seen this suggested, its just a guess, so don't bank on it working!
      A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

First courgette!!!!!!
        Ther we were, willing the tiny yellow courgettes to grow, eagerly awaiting picking the first one....(still not ready!)... when OH wandered over to another smaller plot which is basically 'survive or die zone'...only to find a green courgette the size of a marrow!
        I hadn't even realised he'd planted an excess plant over there!
        Just goes to prove the saying about waiting for a kettle to boil eh?????

Still...really excited.....can't wait to get me gnashers into that!mmmmmmmm
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I have a courgette out side, planted three weeks ago, its still the same size, as when planted, the one in the green house, sown the same time has produced two courgettes, but its taking up too much room in the greenhouse and I think its too cold to put outside, so unless the weather improves I won't have any more this year
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Do you have family/friends/neighbour who could enjoy the fruits of your labour and pick some while you are away?
            Education is important, but motorbikes is importanter.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X