Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aubergines help please

Hi can anyone help me regarding growing aubergines in big containers please
    I have planted 6 aubergines and they are in 8 inch pots ready to be grown in larger
    containers. but i had heard that i should pinch the middle leaf out so the plants can
    open up more, and i am not sure what to do , so i thought that i would come to the best place for advice
    many thanks in advance
    ps the aubergines will be in a green house
    kind regards
    mr biffo
    kevin

I've no idea - growing for the first time this year so I shall wait for an answer as well.

Not helpful I know but at least you're not alone
    Another happy Nutter...

Comment

They can be pinched out to encourage bushier growth but I never do. In the UK you don't really want more than five fruits on a plant or they won't grow to any size or will grow so slowly they may not ripen before going past their best (that's here in the midlands anyway). In fairness it would be a good summer that allowed five fruits per plant, we normally get three, four if we're lucky.
      Good luck, hope they produce for you. Fresh picked home grown oboes are creamy and delicious.
      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

I don't know about pinching out the growing tip, but I have heard you should nip off any flowers that grow from the main stem - can't remember why. I've pinched off a few flowers already, as the plants are nowhere near big enough to support fruit. Mine are in MFBs.
        He-Pep!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X