Chinese Cabbage just planted

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese Cabbage just planted

Just wondering if there's anybody out there also growing Chinese Cabbage. I started them off in a pot but probably should have planted them out much sooner. They're only about 1.5 to 2 inches tall. Should they be taller by this time?

The last time I tried growing Chinese Cabbage, they were hopeless and inedible, resembling nothing of the species you get in the shop. That was a very long time ago so I'm kind of not expecting too much.
    Food for Free

Looking forward to the responses you get to your question. I am about to sow some chinese cabbage but never having grown them before, I will be interested in what other peeps say about them.
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

They sound fine (although you don't say how old they are). You can still sow chinese cabbage now - it is happier towards the end of the season.

I've got a couple of chinese cabbage growing (variety: Minato Santo), and I'm about to sow some more (Wa Wa Sai). The former look like loose-leaf lettuce at the moment, so there's a way to go. They are about six weeks old. I potted them up after about three weeks when they were a similar size to yours.

I have never managed to get them to heart up successfully before, but I didn't give it much effort. This time I am going to pay them more attention and keep my fingers' crossed.

Meanwhile, my Pak Choi (sown at the same time) are tiny, or bolted... I need to pay more attention to them, too!!

None of the oriental greens are particularly easy in our summer. They need moist, rich growing media and don't like to be kept waiting - transplant very early if at all.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X