New Rhino Just Installed :)

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Rhino Just Installed :)

Meet my new greenhouse It's a Rhino 8 x 12 which was the largest size we could sensibly fit in the garden. It tucks neatly behind the garage and is surrounded by fencing on two sides.

The installer worked like a trojan from 8am to about 3 this afternoon to get it done. He was brilliant.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1090977.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	2404441

Good position for sun even though it is a North facing garden. This spot gets sun most of the day except for the back corner behind the garage.

Name:	P1090991.jpg
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	2404442

I especially like the front double doors and it beats having to keep zipping/unzipping and rolling up like I did with the poly. That will save some time!

Name:	P1090982.jpg
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	2404443

View from inside. Hubby is currently installing the internal shelving so that's not up yet.

Name:	P1090994.jpg
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	2404444

Downpipes at back - hoping to get 2 water butts attached which will then give us 4 altogether. 4 should be enough for the size of the garden.

Name:	P1100004.jpg
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	2404445

Resurrected this from my old polly.

I don't normally get excited about things but I've been on hot coals all day long. Just so looking forward to having a greenhouse and especially after Storm Doris ripped and battered my polytunnel. Hopefully this will be more permanent.
    LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Name:	P1100009.jpg
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	2372254

It gets hot in there in the afternoon sun - side vents were not open so don't know what difference they make but better look into some kind of shading.
    LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

That looks great, I can't believe that it was installed in that time!

I'm very jealous, I'd love a greenhouse, just need to find some space.

Comment

Originally posted by craftymarie View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]73029[/ATTACH]

It gets hot in there in the afternoon sun - side vents were not open so don't know what difference they make but better look into some kind of shading.
        I think you probably will need some ... 40+ degrees in April
        sigpic
        1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

You should be in there-planting, sowing whatever.JUST USE IT!
          Nice looking bit of kit.(just a bit empty)
          Feed the soil, not the plants.
          (helps if you have cluckies)

Man v Squirrels, pigeons & Ants
          Bob

Comment

Well done you Marie, I have got greenhouse envy
            Nannys make memories

Comment

Good for you CM, that's brilliant
              Location ... Nottingham

Comment

I hope you get on as well as I am with mine, it really does feel like you'll never fill it when you first walk in doesn't it?

Comment

Thank you. Yes it feels like a big space to fill right now but I'm sure it won't be when there are a load of full size tomato plants in there

Had to leave it now as the temperature dipped down to 10 and my fingers were getting cold. Tomorrow we will try to finish the staging off. Not that difficult but fiddly with all the little bolts and having butter fingers!

Still can't believe how hot it got. Perhaps I should rent it as a sauna

Comment

Looks great, Marie. You'll soon fill it
                    Maybe you'll find space for a little table and chair - always handy to have somewhere to rest your cup

Comment

That looks fab, you could get a double bed in there.
                      Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Looks great Marie, bu99er the plants, get a table & some chairs in it.
                        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                        -------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                        -----------------------------------------------------------
                        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

That is fab Marie,you will soon fill that lass,a great place to escape to,as well as sow seeds and grow stuff,happy growing.
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Marie really is a lovely GH, I like the table and chair ideas but maybe go for a hammock instead
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Yea.........you're own personal solarium...............
                              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                              -----------------------------------------------------------
                              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X