Lidls compost ?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lidls compost ?

Bought ten bags of the 20 litre bags todayfor 99 p each.
    First thoughts were, a lot better than last year, still a fair bit of wood in there but very small managable pieces so was quite happy untill...........

The smell.............

It smelt of pine/conifers which we all know is more likely to be on the acidic side, i thought eyup and opened another bag as i was intending to pot on toms but indeed, the same smell.

Anyone else bought any today who has a ph tester ?, would be interested to know if anyone else found the same.

Also if it is slightly acidic would it hurt toms ?
    Last edited by jackarmy; 23-03-2017, 07:26 PM.

As you have already opened one, pot up a Tom and see what happens in a couple of days.
    Feed the soil, not the plants.
    (helps if you have cluckies)

Man v Squirrels, pigeons & Ants
    Bob

Comment

I have but not sure how i feel about it

Comment

I bought three of the 40litre bags. I haven't opened them yet but intend to use them for my herb wall. I also bought some flower seed tapes to put around the edge of the plots.

Comment

I bought some. When I opened a bag it looked brown and mucky, smelly like soil. I'll be using it without a doubt.
          412% of statistics are made up.

Comment

Well MPC used to be mostly made from peat which is also acidic, and plants grew fine in it. Presumably they add in suitable amounts of lime to give it the correct pH.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X