X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blooms for bees - Dahlia trial

https://coventry.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/dahliatrial

There must a grape or two who'd like to register for this trial

Thx Veggie for bringing that to my attention. I am very happy to do my bit - I always plant varieties of flowers with bees in mind.

Comment

There was a bumblebee on my winter flowering shrubby honeysuckle this morning.
      Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

lovely idea - well spotted VC

Comment

Thank you VC

Comment

Awesome VC

Comment

Mmmm.. this brings back warm summer memories of attempting to deadhead hundreds of dahlias in a big garden surrounded by buzzing clouds of bees. A wheelbarrow full of flower heads, blissfully happy bees and tons more flowers to come for them to feast on. Dahlias may be the choir girls of the border but the open flowered varieties are bee heaven.

Comment

My seeds arrived today. Was very surprised, didn't think I would get any when I found it was members priority.

Comment

Still waiting for mine ��

Comment

I got mine yesterday - sown already and am hovering over the propagator just like a bee.
                    http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

Got mine this morning

Comment

Was feeling a little left out but Hoorah my dahlia seeds arrived today. Am looking forward to this project. Most of my garden is very Bee friendly and I love them buzzing around even though my lab gets rather annoyed with them.

Comment

Mine are already up! That was fast!
                          http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

Just registered as I'm in the Bumblebee Conservation Trust and have a bee colony every year and current one will be delivered in May to put on the lottie so these seeds are about a subject close to my heart.

Also if you go to the gardeners world website for free lavender plants there is a link to the Mr Fothergiles website which applies the offer code automatically. The link is for 42 free Lavender Hidcote plug plants which are also benificial to bees, all you pay for is the £5.95 postage for £29's worth of plants.

Here is the link:

Our latest offers

Just scroll down to it, admin if putting the link is not allowed then say and I will remove and sorry for highjacking this thread a bit.
                            The day that Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck ...

... is the day they make vacuum cleaners

Comment

Wow Sparrow.. when did you sow the seeds? I got mine today and sowed them today in modules covered with cling film. Covering with cling film obviously help with temperature but the main reason I do it is there is little if any water loss so I don't have to worry about them drying out.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X