Tomatoes rippening in Cumbria

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomatoes rippening in Cumbria

At Last they are turning red, I've had fruit on the plant for about 6 weeks and the cherry ones are finally going red, rapidly. I reckon I'll be picking the first in the next 2 days.

In case you'd given up hope go check on them tomorrow you might be pleasantly surprised. I hope so.

Yumminess coming up.

My lettuces are doing great, lets just say I now know what happens when a little gem ceases to be little

Angie
    Newbie gardener in Cumbria.
    Just started my own website on gardening:

http://angie.weblobe.net/Gardening/

I had my first ripe tomato on Sunday and have another four ripe ones today - fab isn't it?

I'm near Wolverhampton btw

Comment

Here in Bucks I still have loads of green tomatoes with no sign of a blush at all - but its been sunny for two whole days now so I guess anything could happen ..... I'll have to keep a check now Angie!
      Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Here in Oxon its green all the way with me!

Comment

Mine are all still green here in Yorkshire, but I have high hopes of a plum tomato which looked a little yellow yesterday...?!

Comment

Been eating ripe cherry toms - 3 different varieties - for a couple of weeks now, but the bigg'uns will be a while longer.
            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

We've had to throw away 3 plants - rotten to the core! Tommy's turned black!

BUT.... excitement - there is a slight reddish tinge to another plants fruits!

Not a good year for tommy's for us - first timer too! Will try again when we get our new conservatory/greenhouse for next spring!

Runner beans doing a treat though

Jan
              Jan A novice gardener - first year of growing

Comment

I have 3 "Sungella" plants all with fruit and some are starting to turn orangey/red now.
                3 "Ferline" with some of the fruits turning orange and 3 "Gardeners Delight" which are all still very green. These are all in the unheated greenhouse.
                Last edited by clckwork; 02-08-2007, 08:12 PM.
                John
                ------

[url]http://www.parishcrafts.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X