YouTube

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YouTube

I subscribe to quite a few channels on YouTube, some are fantastic, some ramble a bit, some are very good, but I have gleaned a lot of very good advice. Just wondering what others experience has been.

I just dip in and out but this http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ner_90169.html might give you some ideas.

Comment

My favourite YouTube Gardeners are listed on the side panel of my diary / blog
      sigpic
      . .......Man Vs Slug
      Click Here for my Diary and Blog
      Nutters Club Member

Comment

I don't subscribe to the channels but I had a little gander the other day can't remember his name (sorry!) he's done carrots in 10 inch pots the last few years on a patio and has a cute dog called Molly, he went foraging once and picked up a dog poo bag of mushrooms.. made me chuckle!

There was an american in a polytunnel growing chillies and he was pretty amusing too!

Comment

I don't subscribe to chanels but also dip in and out. There is a new one called the Martian who is a US space scientist by day and grows in huge polytunnel with total environmental control. It's amazing the things he grows out of season (chillies, Tomatos etc.) using solar energy, ground heat pumps and grow lights. Clever bloke who is way above our level of equipment but interesting none the less. I also like plodders like Micheal Brotherton.

Comment

I like to research DIY techniques as well as gardening advice( especially things like pruning!)

I prefer to watch videos from many sources so I can compare what will work best for me.
            Having said that-with the DIY I have come across some videos which look impressive but on further research are rubbish.
            Take heed!...
            Just because some guy with a camera puts a video on YouTube doesn't mean to say they are experts
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I don't subscribe but I do watch a LOT of youtube videos. I've learned a lot from some of them like how to fix a slow toilet, fixing a surging lawn mower engine, and which hoe to buy.

I am not a member of youtube, gmail, facebook, or much of anything any more. And some places where I am a member I haven't used the sites in years.

Lots of garbage on youtube but also quite a bit of really useful information.
              Nutter's Club member.

Comment

I don't subscribe but I find it a very valuable source of information for crafts and cooking.

I am a good cook, especially desserts and cakes but not very experienced in icing cakes. The youtube videos helps me ice a special birthday cake.

And making gingerbread houses.

Don't tend to use them for gardening, tend to google.

Comment

Actually, that sounds rather arrogant and big headed of me, saying I am a good cook.

Perhaps I should amend that to saying that all my friends and family say I am a good cook, doesn't sound as if I am blowing my own trumpet.

Comment

Originally posted by Teabag View Post
                    I don't subscribe to the channels but I had a little gander the other day can't remember his name (sorry!) he's done carrots in 10 inch pots the last few years on a patio and has a cute dog called Molly, he went foraging once and picked up a dog poo bag of mushrooms.. made me chuckle!

There was an american in a polytunnel growing chillies and he was pretty amusing too!
                    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPr...vem_IAuGgmIWlg
                    Home Grown Veg.
                    Excellent stuff. Lots of pot grown veg! And a very cute dog!

Comment

I forgot to mention my favorite gardening video channels:

blustardave
                      horticultural channel
                      and recently mr sam the allotment man (his dad is hilarious)

I don't watch them so much for their gardening expertise but for their entertainment value.

For what I consider excellent advice and methods I really like Claire's allotment.
                      Last edited by DWSmith; 16-01-2017, 04:37 PM.
                      Nutter's Club member.

Comment

Everytime people say how much they like YouTube channels I have a nosey and everytime I'm disappointed. There always seems so much irrelevant waffle that you have to watch to find the bit that you're looking for. Keep coming to the conclusion that I prefer the written word (supplemented by photos if necessary) as it's so much easier to scan through (plus you can do it in the office at lunchtime without annoying your colleagues )

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Another I look for now and again is a channel called 'I Am Organic Gardening'. It's another american but he seems very well informed and takes the time to explain the logic and process of his systems as well as share the results good and bad. He is commercially growing so has a real interest in getting it right. Well worth a poke about is you like that kind of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ESBkevin View Post
                            Another I look for now and again is a channel called 'I Am Organic Gardening'. It's another american but he seems very well informed and takes the time to explain the logic and process of his systems as well as share the results good and bad. He is commercially growing so has a real interest in getting it right. Well worth a poke about is you like that kind of thing.
                            Another American?!?!?! When will it end? He can't possibly know anything!
                            Nutter's Club member.

Comment

Two channels that I do like and watch regularly are the young Welshman 'HuwsNursery' and the older Englishman Charles Dowding.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X