Can I start my reaper chillies now

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I start my reaper chillies now

Having been bought 2 propergators for Christmas I'm getting itchy fingers and want to start my chilles. When's the best time to start.
    When you have a hammer in your hand everything around you starts looking like a nail.

Have you got grow lights? If not, I think it's too early. The plants on the windowsils get too much warmth and not enough light leading to long spindly growth.

That said, I think I'm going to hedge my bets and sow a couple soon, and another at the end of the month just to see. The difference in the plants.
    Superhots often take ages to germinate so if you just do a test germination just two seeds you'll know when the best time to sow the rest of the pack

Comment

I think the unconventional amongst us always get itchy fingers at this time of year.......what have you got to lose especially if you have plenty of seeds.
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Don't have grow lights at home got them down at the alotment but no 240v power to run propergator. So will try a couple of seeds from the weekend.
        When you have a hammer in your hand everything around you starts looking like a nail.

Comment

Propagate them at home - it'll be a few days before they need lights!
          I'm going to sow a few windowsill tomatoes today because I need to scratch an itch

Comment

Can you not knock up a temp light using a desk lamp or similar..........preferably cool light.
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------
            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

It's not too early; Reapers take a long time to mature so it's best to start them early. You only need warmth, not light, for germination but to grow them on you really need grow lights otherwise they might fail to thrive. Join us on the Chillies - Growing and overwintering 2017 thread and let us know how you get on.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X