Scam warning!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scam warning!

Not sure if this is only in France, but we're getting quite a few calls leaving messages to say that 'they ' have tried to deliver a parcel and to phone this number for details of collection.

yup...premium phone lines where you pay massive amounts per minute to listen to their recording...and nope, no parcel!

it may not be happening in the UK...but it may be?

At this time of the year when we are internet shopping and receiving gifts from others, it's a perfect time to accidentally fall into the trap

there are some sneaky people about aren't there?
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

That's a new one to me,thanks Nicos. Whenever they give you the number or if someone calls you & you're a bit suspicious,type it into goooogle there's web pages that say "who phoned me" etc I'm always seeing who's phoned me & there's lists of other people's scam calls with the same numbers that phone you. I wonder why the phone companies don't cut these numbers off,my aunts just been scammed by a pretend phone company these are scamming scumbags,they wanted to give her a refund back into her account & she fell for it,if any phone company phones me I just hang up,they write to you if they need you. Hope nobody amongst us gets scammed it's good to talk about it.

Comment

I have this on my mobile, I have it set so that it blocks any calls not in my contacts list. I know it doesn't suit everyone but works for me:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ocker&hl=en_GB
      Last edited by Bigmallly; 09-12-2016, 09:23 AM.
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Nicos, is your message in English or French?
        I keep getting recorded messages telling me the warranty has running out on unspecified electrical items and to ring this number to extend the warranty!
        Yeah, you're right, of course I will

Comment

Some in English , some in French...why on earth would we get messages in English????just goes to show it's either scripted or computerised!

Comment

As even the savvy ones can sometimes get scammed, it really makes me so worried about those who are not quite as wary because they don't have the knowledge such as newbies and other vulnerable people like some pensioners or people with mental difficulties. I hope this comes across ok as I don't want to offend any of these people, but you know what I mean. We had three calls last night regarding call-blocking but, as the accent wasn't English, I sent them away with a flea in their ear. It may have been genuine but I wasn't taking the chance.
            I work very hard so please don't expect me to think as well!

Comment

I've let my elderly mom know about this cos we sometimes have parcels delivered to her address for us.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X