Has anyone grown Thai Basil?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone grown Thai Basil?

We have started getting those Hello Fresh meal boxes and they have been fab and one of the recipes 'Thai Moo Pad Krapow' was really delicious and I tried to make it again but couldn't find Thai Basil in the shops only regular basil. The meal still tasted okay but think it would have been far better with the Thai basil as it looks and tastes different to the regular stuff.

On a recent trip to a garden centre with my mum, to my delight, I found some Thai basil seeds. Now on the packet it says that it can be sown outdoors from April to June but also gives a short sowing season for growing indoors too, which I have now missed. Surely if I were growing it indoors it would be year round sow and harvest? or am I being blonde? (p.s. I am actually blonde).

Thanks in advance to responses and advice.

I grow it every summer in the tunnel, I don't find it does well outside and there isn't enough light in winter. Mine is still going strong.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I haven't grown it this year ( ran out of seeds and time ). Like Alison I usually grow mine in the tunnel. the plant would still be growing this time of year quite happily.

Comment

Thank you, I think I will grow it next year in my Culti cave.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X