blight prevention

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blight prevention

Just wondering if anyone on here has ever tried using a horsetail tea for blight prevention. See link

Little Green Blog » A natural, safe, environmentally friendly treatment for potato blight using horsetail instead of copper sulphate

There have been many Smith periods in my neck of the woods so far this summer as it's been quite wet and humid during the summer thus far. However conversely, my Maris Pipers are already nearly 5 feet tall because of the cool wet summer. If blight stays away I should get some bigguns.

If anyone has trialled this tea, would be interested to know if it's successful. It sounds as though it applies some sort of silica coating the blight spores can't penetrate.
    Are y'oroight booy?

i have never tried horse tail tea but your maris pipers are 5 foot tall:confused wow thats great ,congrats ,you should get a nice crop from that ,cheers
    The Dude abides.

Comment

I was hit by blight a few days ago, only appears to be on my earlies so far so I cut all the greenery down and hopefully the potatoes are ok.

Comment

You mean horsetail is actually useful for something? My plot has horsetail and since I was off for several weeks it's growing near my potatoes. When I looked the other day the potatoes were healthy with no sign of blight. I've made a start on weeding but not in that bed yet. Could the horsetail actually be protecting them?

Comment

We're spraying with soluble aspirin and also Bordeaux on The Patch.

I can't afford a crop-loss like a few years ago, when the whole lot went south!

Comment

I may give this ago. My plot is full of horse tail.
            Carrie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X