Carrots

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrots

I planted up 3 deep containers of carrots weeks ago, they were covered with Environmesh, today only about 3 ! Have germinated, so I dug them over and will replant, they were Nantes and Chanteney ( sorry not correct spelling!). I did this successfully last year, any thoughts please? Too early? Too cold? In a mixture of MP compost with a bit of sand.

Thanks
    DottyR

Mine too were sown weeks ago but in a covered raised bed - they're only just showing so maybe you should have waited a bit longer Dotty? Good luck with the next lot
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Probably too cold Dorothy, mine are just coming through now
      Nannys make memories

Comment

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
        Mine too were sown weeks ago but in a covered raised bed - they're only just showing so maybe you should have waited a bit longer Dotty? Good luck with the next lot
        Maybe ! Shouldn't be so impatient should I, but there didn't seem to much happening to be honest, only a couple in each container.
        DottyR

Comment

Definitely because of the cold. Is it possible to bring the pots in a spare room to germinate?

Comment

Originally posted by rhyswales View Post
            Definitely because of the cold. Is it possible to bring the pots in a spare room to germinate?
            Unfortunately No, these are the 'big recycling containers', with holes in bottom, and are on allotment, no worries, I'll just 're-sow' them, think I sowed them when weather was warmer a few weeks ago, before Spring arrived!
            DottyR

Comment

They always take a good while from an early sowing, suspect you have been too impatient.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X