Min night temps for g/h aubergines?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Min night temps for g/h aubergines?

Help, I've lost my notes. Please can a kind body tell me what the minimum night temps are for aubergine survival in an unheated greenhouse?

My indoor plants are turning into thugs!
    http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Just checked "grow your own vegetables" and Joy Larkcom says to keep a minimum overnight temperature of 15°C in the early stages of growth and keep in good light.
    Posted on an iPad so apologies for any randomly auto-corrected gobbledegook

Comment

I treat my plants the same as toms with regards growth and they're currently on the kitchen window ledge but still in 3" pots. I suspect they'd be OK down to about 10deg but certainly I'd not put them outside at night for another month yet.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

thanks spam, but also oh pants! That's a good 3-4 weeks away. Was hoping to ship them out sooner.
        http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

I treat them like the chillies. I'm looking for night time minimum of 10C or just under*. (I tend to be OK leave out toms down to about 5C).

That said, I'm also doing a fair bit of ferrying to the greenhouse for a day trip, then bringing them back in for the night.

*I say this because it'll be June before we're regularly over 10C. And we're never over 15C!!
          Last edited by jacob; 31-03-2016, 08:56 AM.
          Garden Grower
          Twitter: @JacobMHowe

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X