happy pumpkins

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• happy pumpkins

last week I harvested my pumpkins not a great crop mostly small ones but a few football sized so I picked out the best for my grandson .when I picked him up from nursery I asked if they would be interested in the smaller pumpkins ''yes we will have them '' .well I couldn't believe the little faces when they got there small pumpkins small enough for them to handle so what I thought was a bad crop turned out to be a good crop

Well done crannman! To these little ones the small pumpkins probably looked huge!
    sigpic

Comment

Lovely story, bet they loved it
      I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

Fantastic!

Very, very bonding...and creating happy memories for him in later life...and for the other children!.well done you!

I wonder if in years to come he'll be saying something like...Yep, it was my grandpa who got me interested in gardening...one year he gave me an enormous pumpkin he'd grow especially for me for Halloween!
        Always lovely to have special memories like that!
        If he carves it( helps)... Any chance of a photo?
        Last edited by Nicos; 31-10-2015, 10:08 AM.
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

thanks all it made my day I can tell you grandson was telling other kids ''there my granddads pumpkins '' he's 3 next year so he will be giving me a hand in growing more pumpkins big and small

Comment

Well done! I have always made sure I have 3 pumpkins for my Golden Girls (granddaughters) but at 18, 17 and 13 I thought they would be surplus this year. Their mummy (my daughter 43) has claimed them!
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

The smallest I was allowed to keep!
              Attached Files
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X