Transplanting raspberries

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transplanting raspberries

I planted a couple of summer fruiting raspberries last year, and this year they sprouted a billion new canes, and a bunch of suckers. The leaves haven't quite died back yet, but from what I've read, they're tough enough that if I just lift and move them all now, they'll be fine. I would wait until a bit later in the year, but I want to plant my garlic out where they have popped up. (Poor planning, I know). Thoughts?

I feel like I've been asking a million questions without having much to offer in return, so I appreciate the advice I've received so far.

We lurve questions - and we all give different answers to confuse everyone
    I'd lift and move them now when they're virtually dormant. Autumn's a good time for moving and planting fruit bushes.

Comment

the only problem with raspberries is controlling the amount of suckers, I pull them out without bending the top growth and shove them in a new site using a big cane to poke a hole in the ground , throw some water onto it and forget, in over 30yrs of doing this I haven't lost one yet, thems real tough cookies, I once left some on the greenhouse table overnight(end of may) and shoved them into the ground the following afternoon and without any faffing they all took..

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X