Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 10+ Show entries VSP seed awards

Congratulations!!

The following members have entered 10 or more Show categories (and meet the seed swap requirements of 3 months membership and 50 posts) entitling them to claim 10 packets of seeds of their choice from the VSP. These will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
    As usual, I will need a return address label and a LARGE postage stamp from you. PM me for further details. More info and a link to the VSP seed list at http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...sts_83433.html

The Qualifying members are:-

Dorothy rouse
    Lisasbolt
    Lottiedolly
    Lumpy
    MartinH
    nellie-m
    Norfolkgrey
    Potstubsdustbins
    Pyrenees plot
    Rhonsal
    Scarlet
    Skeggijon
    Sparrow100
    WilliamD

Seeds have been sent to Names in red

And E also entered 11 categories but doesn't meet the seed swap membership criteria. Sorry And E - try again next year.

If I have missed anyone out, please accept my apologies and let me know

Out of interest, my back of an envelope additions :-

57 entrants
    1 with 30 entries (Norfolkgrey)
    2 with between 20 and 30 entries ( Skeggijon and WilliamD)
    12 with between 10 and 20 entries

Well done everyone. All the entries were of a very high standard. Only you can judge which were the best - so don't forget to cast your votes before 31st October.

PS Closing date for seeds is 31st October.
    Last edited by veggiechicken; 30-10-2015, 07:08 PM.

Brill! I could do with more seeds !

Comment

Wow, Norfolkgrey, Skeggijon and WilliamD - you should have medals and a ceremony! And a round of applause!
      ...bonkers about beans... and now a proud Nutter!

Comment

Originally posted by nellie-m View Post
        Wow, Norfolkgrey, Skeggijon and WilliamD - you should have medals and a ceremony! And a round of applause!
        Thank you. I am of the opinion everyone should have a pat on the back regardless of number of entries. It is lovely to be part of the VVS but seeing all the entries quantity, quality and daftness is fantastic. The number of varieties on show is great, it beats catalogue browsing.

Also I don't think anyone should feel embarassed about putting things forward - you never know what will win, seeing as grapes struggle to agree on things

Comment

oh what a nice surprise - and agree with Norfolkgrey as think everyone that manages to grow anything should be proud!

Comment

Well done to you all!
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Thank you very much, and NG 30! Wow, that's amazing!
              DottyR

Comment

Oh, wow, I am totally entering properly next year!

Congrats everyone. I loved looking at all the entries and voting.

Comment

Big round of applause to VC for services above & beyond "normal" modding duties
                  Last edited by bearded bloke; 09-10-2015, 08:15 AM.
                  He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

BB,

VC is as smart as T&M, there will be always offers

Comment

1Bee,

me too ..totally properly absolutely extremely entering next year

Comment

Thanks too from me! I clocked the offer early and it did 'encourage' me to think of more entries this year.
                        http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

well done all! I really enjoyed browsing and voting - and its definitely inspired me to be more organised and enter next year!!

Comment

Really enjoyed looking at everyone's entries.

WELL DONE!

Some of the varieities mentioned have given me a new umph to investigate the weird and wonderful for next year.
                            I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
                              given me a new umph to investigate the weird and wonderful

BB puts on baikofoil hat, to prevent remote brain probe investigation
                              He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X