Nylon rope for runner beans etc

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nylon rope for runner beans etc

I've been given a drum of this blue nylon rope and am wondering if it would be any good for growing beans?

I think it will stretch, thou as im rubbish at DIY perhaps it doesn't really matter? I like using bamboo canes.

Comment

A few years ago i did a wigwam,every other was some of this stuff,in between the canes,the top being tied to the circle,the bottom i used tent pegs,but never again,the rope ones sagged under the weight of the beans,also lifting up the tent pegs,may be it would work on a munty frame or straight up,but i would suggest a strong runner at the bottom and top to tie onto,
      other uses for the rope,it would make a good ladder used in a green house ext,as an extention to canes thus allowing whatever to continue their climb,just wind the plant stem around the rope,i do this with twine and it works,
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Great stuff you would be very surprised at the breaking strain on that rope. I use it horizontally to support my runners, that way I get a plant 12 foot high but only 6 foot of the ground. It is made for outside use so is very durable mine's been in place six years now.

One tip when you cut it heat up the cut end until it melts that will stop it unravelling. Don't touch the heated portion until it cools it will stick to your flesh and burn like buggery.
        Attached Files
        Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Forgot to say if you look beyond the cumbers (also supported by the same stuff) you can see the beans just starting along the rope.
          Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X