Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wasps and Grapes

Whoaaaa

Anybody see the wasps on Montys ( gardeners world ) garapes on friday night ( and i aint talking piles here ) , he had hundreads all over them.
    Now my new vine should hopefully be producing fruit next year but damn dudes and dudettes, i aint putting up with that....................

So , is there anything i can do to keep them off or do i chop it down now?.
    I would be gutted but i simply dont do wasps.

Yes I saw it. Was hideous. My dad had a grape vine but I've never seen that number of wasps on it. The only way I can think of preventing them is to fit a fine mesh over open windows and doors. If outside though...

Comment

It is indeed outside Wendy
      my first thought was netting but i dont know.
      That was a heck of a lot of wasps though so im guessing there was maybe a nest close by ( bit like the fruitflys im getting here atm lol)

Comment

Surely they can't net off whole vineyards ?
        What about the 1000 years or so growing grapes before netting?

Comment

I dont care about their vineyards Don, just my backgarden

Comment

It's Monty's turn for a pest invasion. No doubt they'll be off somewhere else next year. This year the wasps have been a pain much later than normal, so maybe it's a weird year thing.

Comment

Originally posted by WendyC View Post
              Yes I saw it. Was hideous. My dad had a grape vine but I've never seen that number of wasps on it. The only way I can think of preventing them is to fit a fine mesh over open windows and doors. If outside though...
              I've never had a problem with wasps on my outdoor grape vine, perhaps because they come later than the indoor ones? Or maybe I'm just lucky

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X