Plum tomatoes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plum tomatoes

Can you grow them outside I've got them in a little makeshift greenhouse but they seem to be bunched up together and was thinking with the sun/rain we keep getting might help them along any thoughts would be most welcome
    When you have a hammer in your hand everything around you starts looking like a nail.

When you have a hammer in your hand everything around you starts looking like a nail.

Comment

Looking good! I'd leave them under cover - less chance of blight

Comment

Mine are outside - I only have 2 plum variety. Coming along well
        Nannys make memories

Comment

Gave up outdoors growing due to blight.
          Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

They do look very close together,I would take two plants out & spread the others out more. I had a terrible problem when mine were grown too close together years ago,dead areas of plant halfway down the plant,they really suffered something,in the middle of all the growth,where they were squashed together. Outside,a good position is next to a wall,the wall will release heat from the sun into the night & it's been quite windy,so they like the wind shield. Most of my tomato plants are outside,blight isn't around yet,but having little air circulation in your greenhouse there,fungi spores could develop in the humid moist conditions,causing blight.

Comment

I think they look great, personally I wouldn't move them.

Comment

Sorry all they are moved and in there new home will put pictures up tomorrow they look lovely in there new home.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X