From the sublime to the ridiculous...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From the sublime to the ridiculous...

After last week's heat, some seriously low (for the time of year) temperatures are being forecast for tonight, with low single figures possible quite widely and into the 2s and 3s in the north west. Some snow (!) is possible on Scottish mountains.

This is 6am tomorrow - temperatures just after dawn (more like 5am) could be a degree or so lower:

Time to shut the greenhouse door tonight, and get out the fleece for anything that might not like it.
    Attached Files
    A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Is that a 3 or an 8 over Edinburgh? Eek!
    He-Pep!

Comment

Thanks for the warning- I've emailed my daughter to warn her!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by bario1 View Post
        Is that a 3 or an 8 over Edinburgh? Eek!
        I think its a 6. Wind, waves & weather Superforecast Edinburgh Airport - Windfinder has the temperature down as low as 4 on the super forecast, with a "feels like" temperature of 1
        Last edited by Penellype; 08-07-2015, 04:50 PM.
        A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Think I best wrap up then tomorrow morning.
          Carrie

Comment

Thanks for the warning GH duly closed up.
            Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Cheers Pene, best go down & close the kites.
              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------
              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
              -----------------------------------------------------------
              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Polytunnel and cold frame closed at the plot... Chillies fleeced in the greenhouse at home. This is indeed ridiculous!
                He-Pep!

Comment

I'm feeling less doubtful about having cloched the slow courgettes now.... too late to do anything else tonight, here's hoping our coastal plain influence helps us out.

Comment

Not as cold as forecast here (minimum about 9). Still, I'd much rather get it wrong that way round than wake up to dead plants!

Comment

8.7 in my greenhouse, the allotment felt colder. A couple of squashes i left uncovered (spares) looked like they possibly had a touch of frost on the leaves, but it might just have been dew. It'll be interesting to see how they fare compared to the ones I cloched.
                      He-Pep!

Comment

I just left everything as it is and everything looks alright this morning. Was down to 8 I think last night.

Comment

Down to 9 in the GH, the last thing we need is toms checked this year, they are darn late enough as is.
                          Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Ok, we are past the longest day, so I suspect this has to go down as the earliest start to autumn on record. Yes, those are 3s and 4s on the minimum temperature map!

Now where did I put that fleece?
                            Attached Files

Comment

OMG!!!! That's just crazy
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X