Carrots Away!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrots Away!!

Carrots now in up North (tatties too, charlottes)! Autumn King 2 the Bigmally method. 8 meters of home made seed tape, hope this works bigmally, took ages. While I'm about seed tape, is there any other seed that is well suited to this method? I was considering swedes? Any idea's?
    The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men gang aft agley

Fab pyton, I have been intending to try tape since I read Big's post.

Some of mine are through but not nearly as many as i planted. I broadcasted mine with nigella and pak choi ( Joy Larkcom) in sunny, unmanured spot. Please let me know if anyone else has done this and its success or not.
    No matter:the allotment is lovely, the tadpoles have legs, my sea kale has germinated and I am glad to be home.

Comment

Anyone out there tried alternative seeds in Bigmallys tape method? If so what seeds?

Comment

Not tried it, but I've seen parsnips in seed tape, which would certainly stop them blowing away as you try to sow them.
        A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Hi Python, I've sown Parsnip, Carrot, Beetroot & Leek in own made tape (masking tape).
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

got a linky mally? im about to sow some carrots myself and after last years attempt at re creating a carrot jungle(and succeeding mind ) i could do with a bit of help.

Comment

Here's BM's thread http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ape_77068.html

Comment

cheers vc !

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                  Hi Python, I've sown Parsnip, Carrot, Beetroot & Leek in own made tape (masking tape).
                  Thanks BM, just read your post on tapes, will definately be trying the beetroot and seriosly considering swede's. Last years were pathetic!

Comment

Owts worth a bash Python, you've nowt to lose.
                    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                    -----------------------------------------------------------
                    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X