table top strawberries

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• table top strawberries

I seem to be fighting a battle with strawberries at present.i was wondering wether anybody has that structure that Ken Muir is selling for strawberries?and what do they think of it .iam not sure that its worth the money that its being retailed for.iam thinking of doing a DIY version ,any suggestions please.
    goddess

i meant a battle with slugs and snails!!!
    goddess

Comment

Wellie took one look at the Ken Muir one and said 'I can do that!' and built one.

She's got a couple of pics on her blog at the mo with it in full strawberry mode - looks fantastic! Can't remember the blog address, but there's a link to it from mine.

Comment

Don't want to usurp the thread Hazel, but thanks for reminding us to look at Wellies blog. What a wonderful inspiration.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

I think it's a good idea, and if you can put together your own version, I'd say 'go for it'! Was thinking of something similar, but more of a 'bodge-job' with pallets and grow-bags, until I get the narrow raised bed built which will be the strawberry bed.

Good luck if you decide to do it - post some pics?!

Comment

Thanks haze for reminding us to look at wellies blog,its amazing.the wooden bed is an option but iam still thinking of a way to use the cheap plastic greenhouse frame that is being sold for less than a tener or even green house staging.iam seeking my 14 year old son,s help as he does design technology at school.i will dfinitly put some pics when done.
            goddess

Comment

When we get a few more dry days and I can get the greenhouse rearranged, I intend using some of the older staging outdoors with a growbag on top for some strawberries. I hope that if I root up some runners and plant them into the growbag, I can move them into the greenhouse when the toms and cucumbers are finished and maybe get really early strawbs next year
              Happy Gardening,
              Shirley

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X