Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Strawberries

Hi All

We have a brand new PT which we will be making the most of this year - I'm so excited to get things growing in there! Chilli seeds are already in my propagator and growing nicely

I wanted to try growing some strawberries in there BUT I wanted to move them into pots once they have finished fruiting so I can use the space in the bed for something else later in the year
    I was then thinking I would then be able to re-plant them back in the PT beds Feb/March next year.

I am a newbie so have no experience but can someone tell me if this is a stupid idea or a good one?

TIA

My strawberries don't seem to do as well after being moved. They still fruit but just not as well as if they had been left in the original beds. Can you do a bit of a trial and just leave a couple of plants in the poly tunnel and compare notes next year.
    A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Someone posted a great pic on this forum, where they grew strawberries in suspended guttering within their polytunnel. It saves you having to lift them and replant.

I'm sorry but I've no idea where to find it.
      .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

Here ya go

I have found it will only do 2 seasons at most tho. and then needs to be replanted.

Comment

I normally move/transplant my Strawbs in the Autumn, any established plants into new beds - runners into pots and over winter some in the greenhouse for a early crop. Then plant on in the spring not expecting a good crop year 1.

Never moved established 2-3 year old plants this time of year - but might have to myself as I am rearranging my beds.

Comment

Thanks all! going to give the guttering a go

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolkgrey View Post
              Here ya go

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52926[/ATTACH]

I have found it will only do 2 seasons at most tho. and then needs to be replanted.
              Love your profile pic! I have 7 fezzers, great pets

Comment

Originally posted by Gemizzel View Post
                Love your profile pic! I have 7 fezzers, great pets
                Thank you its been a while since they were that small. I do feel sorry for ferrets they do have an undeserved bad reputation but as you say they do make great pets.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X