Mole(s) coming to visit allotment

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mole(s) coming to visit allotment

My allotment has been visited by one or multiple moles recently. Not a huge problem, I suppose there are worse things to have, but that's only because nothing more interesting than green manure is growing there at the moment. Come the summer, I think moles disrupting all my beautiful crops will cause me distress.

Does anyone have any tips for discouraging them? I absolutely don't want to trap them, or anything like that - just politely inspire them to perhaps move away. I've done some research and come up with 'Anti Mole Bulbs' that you plant about 3ft deep, and a Mega Sonic Solar Mole Spike. Has anyone tried either of those methods? I remember having mice in the house once, and a similar reluctance to trap them, but the high pitched-emitting mouse deterrent machine didn't do a huge amount of good, as far as I could tell, so I don't want to be buying something that might be of no use!

I have moles in the garden but they didn't damage any crops. I think they mainly eat worms. You can try planting Garlic around the perimeter of the beds as it is supposed to repel mammals as does Alium Moly I believe.
    Last edited by Bigmallly; 20-12-2014, 07:54 PM.
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Hi GingerAllotmenteer's
      i had moles year before last they did not eat anything just made a mess comming up between or under plants
      and lifting them out.
      Before you found them they were no good to replant.
      I bought mole traps then decided against it and found another answer.
      PUSH 3 FOOT CANES OR 2 FOOT in the allotment about 6 or seven spread out you can always move them about if you need to.
      on top put a 2 litre lemonade bottle (these are all i had at the time) wind moving them creates vibrations and moles dont like vibrations .
      When ever you are working on the plot and you catch a cane or a bottle the noise will make you jump
      Ps i have not had any sign of moles since last may when i put them down.

but the path round the allotment still gets mole hills on but not my plot.

Try it its free hope it helps cheers Peter

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X