My purple garlic pics!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My purple garlic pics!

Harvested all my early purple garlic yesterday as the rust was terrible - but lo and behold its actually lovely! Have cleaned it up a bit and tied in a 'grappe'.

I actually took the picture for work (needed a garlic photo!) but thought i'd post it on here as well since i was so pleased with it!
    Attached Files
    There's vegetable growing in the family, but I must be adopted
    Happy Gardening!

They look super - what type are they?

I have just been trying to work out which is the best garlic to get on the offer from T&M.
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
      They look super - what type are they?

I have just been trying to work out which is the best garlic to get on the offer from T&M.
      Cheers
      It was Early Purple garlic, i got it from The Garlic Farm as they do a garlic lovers pack with several varieties, however you can buy this variety individually too 9scroll down the page): http://www.thegarlicfarm.co.uk/shopg...at=Seed+Garlic
      Happy Gardening!

Comment

Thanks for that Protea - have bookmarked the page to have a good look tomorrow.
        Happy Gardening,
        Shirley

Comment

Impressive Protea, I'm just about to dig my garlic up but don't think that it will be as good as that.
          Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Just brilliant looking garlic Protea. Congratulations. Enjoy. Hope mine are half as good.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Wow! Lovely - I like things that please the eye as well as the palate! I shall have to think about the garlic farm for mine - bought them with the usual seed order but they've never been that good. (Thinks - maybe it's me!)

PS - just looked at the site - I might have to squander a bob or two there this September! Thanks for the link.
              Last edited by Flummery; 19-06-2007, 08:11 AM. Reason: to add PS
              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

My garlic has just withered and died - think I need to come to you for a few growing tips Protea, yours look fantastic and I bet they taste great too!
                Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Cheers everyone to be honest i'm suprised they look as good as they do! they looked terrible 'above ground' all covered in rust and i lost a couple to rot, but its amazing what a bowl of warm water and peeling off a few muddy outer skins can do

The Garlic Farm were at the good food thing at Gardeners World live - the smell from the smoked garlic they sell was delicious and they had the most enourmous elephant garlic! its a terrible (but satisfying) addiction this garlic growing!
                  Happy Gardening!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X