X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone had Puppies? Part 1

Moral support needed please.
    Little Bessie, who has been with me since 17th October - is with child The Vet is pretty certain that she is, and it could be soon, very soon
    None of my pets have ever had litters, so I don't know what to expect and I'm panicking!
    Any calming doggy midwives/midhusbands here who can hold my virtual hand through this pregnancy?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by veggiechicken; 06-06-2017, 11:30 AM.

I can't help I'm affraid, but I have faith in you. Oh how exciting (and yes terrifying at the same time unfortunately). Congratulations and keep us posted

Comment

No idea, VC - but I would imagine that she'll just get on with it.

Doggies don't do 'birthing plans'.

Comment

Me! Me! Congratulations..Puppies are fab, but sometimes the birth can be a bit scarey...start getting plenty of newspapers

Comment

* wipes soggy biscuit crumb off the computer screen!

...sorry- I can't help but laugh....this sort of thing could only happen to you!!!

OK...serious hat on...

nope- only kittens.

Having said that, I can't think of a more supportive granny for Bessie to have her pups with...lucky Bessie.

Congrats in advance..

oh....piccies!!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Hmmm..." Vet pretty certain she is"

You need to be sure before you start panicking
            A distended belly ( if that's what she's got ) can be caused by all sorts of things...

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              Me! Me! Congratulations..Puppies are fab, but sometimes the birth can be a bit scarey...start getting plenty of newspapers
              Can they read at birth?................and should I start knitting?

Comment

Congratulations I'm sure you'll be fine and anyway VC the whole vine will be holding your hand

If Bessie hasn't got long to go it does make you wonder if her previous owners had an inkling so took her to the sanctuary.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

How exciting!
                  You might see Bessie trying to 'nest' in a quiet, darker area so try and encourage her to pick somewhere that is not wedged behind a sideboard (been there tried that) etc so you can get to her easily. Borrowing a large dog crate is helpful. as Bessie and babies are safe inside and you can drap an old curtain over it to make it darker.
                  You and Bessie are going to be scared so have a cuddle as much as possible - she will then trust you with her babies. Collect extra blankets etc as the ones the new family are on get grubby very quickly.
                  Put the vet number by the phone, just in case.
                  Sleepless nights ahead for both of you!
                  Sue
                  I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Wot Nicos said she's a very lucky pup to have a caring home and loving "mum" around her. I don't know anything about puppies but I'm sure she'll be fine with you to help her. Good luck x
                    A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                      Hmmm..." Vet pretty certain she is"

You need to be sure before you start panicking
                      A distended belly ( if that's what she's got ) can be caused by all sorts of things...
                      Vet said the only way to be certain was a scan (£60). Decided I didn't need to be that certain!!
                      Bessie has more than a distended belly - she has a couple of rows of big "buttons" on her tum. She's been crawling under the furniture looking for hiding places. I've put a cardboard box of newspapers and sheets in the corner and she's been digging them up, making a nest.

Comment

Although he was obviously a dastardly ner' do well I wonder what breed Daddy was!
                        I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Thanks Lumpy - I didn't see your post when I wrote mine!! Looks like you've confirmed it

Comment

Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
                            Although he was obviously a dastardly ner' do well I wonder what breed Daddy was!
                            She came from a house with a Cavalier and a Jackapoo (dog not a parrot). I've no idea whether they were male or female though.
                            Then spent 3 weeks in the rescue place. She was in with the puppies there and I'm sure, if she'd been in season, they would have made extra sure that she was kept away from the other dogs (who have probably been neutered anyway).
                            I've had her 4 weeks so 7 weeks out of 9 accounted for. So any time in the next 2 weeks but the vet thought it would be soon.

(I'm running out of s ............panic)

Comment

I just read this....

"Around the time that you suspect your dog is ready you should start taking her temperature at regular intervals. When her temperature starts dropping to 100F and below you can expect the puppies to be delivered within the next 24 hours."

thats 37.7C

...are you able to take her temperature???

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X