Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to store excess pumpkin

Hi,
    I am planning to do for the first time tomorrow pumpkin pie, never tried it but always wanted to.
    I was wondering what is the best way to store the left over pumpkin?
    Is it best to cook it all up and freeze it or store it uncooked?
    Mush it all up or leave in pieces?
    Thanks
    sigpic

It depends what you want to do with it. If you plan to use it quickly then put it in a bowl in the fridge and cover with cling film. Over wise cook and freeze (I have only done it as a mush to use in recipes later) I don't know how well it works as pieces/chunks from the freezer hopefully another grape will let you know

Comment

Depending what my pumpkin pie is like depends what I do with it next
      sigpic

Comment

I've no idea but would you like some pumpkin soup to take home? It's very nice! We have a fridge full. The freezer is too full to store any!

Comment

I freeze it raw in chunks, I usually either roast it from frozen or add it to stews, again from frozen as it keeps better texture than if you defrost first but suppose that's true of all veggies.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by VolesAteMyPeas View Post
            I've no idea but would you like some pumpkin soup to take home? It's very nice! We have a fridge full. The freezer is too full to store any!
            That's what I am planning to make this afternoon after the pie disaster. Just blind baking my pie lining and part of it has just collapsed. Bodes well for later
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by noviceveggrower View Post
              what is the best way to store the left over pumpkin?
              in a pumpkin cake, in your tummy

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ipe_61895.html
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by VolesAteMyPeas View Post
                Well I made a cake with the kids and someone slipped with the nutmeg. Nearly blew the roof of my mouth off
                So when they are t school tomorrow I am going to try and make some soup. Was just wondering what your soup recipe is?
                sigpic

Comment

I just found the easiest one I could on the internet! Ended up being this...Pumpkin soup | BBC Good Food
                  Turned out really nicely actually. My quantities weren't exact and I added some fresh sage and rosemary for a bit of extra flavour! Hope it turns out well. X

Comment

I tried making curried pumpkin soup once and it turned out horrid! Thought I'd stick to the basics this time.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X