• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many members?

Just noticed:-

The Grapevine Statistics
    Threads 75,593 Posts 1,086,863 Members 59,998

2 to go before we reach 60,000 members

I know some of them have left or be spammers but there can't be many Gardening forums that have attracted 60,000 members

Its because we're such a helpful bunch of Grapes. Big pat on the back for you all

Yes, I know, I'm wonderful <preens>. Seriously though this Forum has such a lot going for it. Absolute novices come on asking questions that have been asked many times before yet we never lose patience and the answers needed are provided. Likewise unusual situations come up and someone always comes up with answers. We cover soft fruit, vegetables of all kinds, flowers, shrubs, trees, lawns, paths, fences, greenhouses, bees, poultry and more. There is a huge archive of previously asked questions with all the answers provided and also on the website there is an A - Z growing guide How To Grow Vegetables & Fruit | Growing Guides & Tips | Grow Your Own Magazine which can be found following that link.

The Forums are very well looked after by the Moderators who keep us clear of all sorts of spam and online pests.

Ten out of ten from me

Comment

I like the jokes and the random ramblings and the tangents, love them
      You may say I'm a dreamer... But I'm not the only one...

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Comment

I just like the vine for all it offers and gives,not just gardening,friendship virtual or otherwise,advice for almost any subject,and a darned good weather forcasting
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

I hope our 60,000th member posts to say hello
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
            I hope our 60,000th member posts to say hello
            He'll most likely say "Hello Bren, wanna buy a kitchen?"............
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------
            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
              He'll most likely say "Hello Bren, wanna buy a kitchen?"............
              He won't be around for very long then

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                I know some of them have left or be spammers but there can't be many Gardening forums that have attracted 60,000 members
                I'd say that a very high percentage of those aren't active and in many cases never were. I remember looking once and there was a phenomenal number of people who had signed up but never posted so not really members as such. Would be interesting to know how many people log on at least once a month, even if they don't post. Clearly thus would be far lower than 60,000.

Originally posted by ancee View Post
                I like the jokes and the random ramblings and the tangents, love them
                That's the bit I have least interest in, it's the gardening stuff I come for

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

One more to go!
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                    I'd say that a very high percentage of those aren't active and in many cases never were. I remember looking once and there was a phenomenal number of people who had signed up but never posted so not really members as such. Would be interesting to know how many people log on at least once a month, even if they don't post. Clearly thus would be far lower than 60,000.
                    The thought of 60,000 active members, all posting at once, gives me the eebyjeebies Imagine trying to moderate that lot
                    Thank goodness for lurkers etc etc.

Comment

Congratulations Spuddie on being the vines 60,000 member.
                      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                        Congratulations Spuddie on being the vines 60,000 member.
                        Hope they post to say hello

Comment

It would be nice.

Comment

60,000! Well done, Team GYO. Thank you for a great forum.
                            Pain is still pain, suffering is still suffering, regardless of whoever, or whatever, is the victim.
                            Everything is worthy of kindness.

http://thegentlebrethren.wordpress.com

Comment

Alison..we have people who used to post years ago who still visit fairly regularly....you'd remember them well, but for some reason don't post!

Always puts a smile on my face when their names appear!
                              Sometimes I pm them to say how do , and get lovely replies.

...and if any of you are reading this....hi there!
                              Last edited by Nicos; 26-10-2014, 09:31 AM.
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X