Garlic, b beans?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garlic, b beans?

Put garlic in last week, it's already up about 3/4 inches, is it too soon? Will it survive? (Should I plant more?)

B Beans, planted in modules, couple of weeks ago, now about 6 inches high, too soon ? Should I stick in plot? Plant some more in modules next month?

Thanks
    DottyR

My Garlic is the same and previous experience says it will bé fine. I have only had problems when the weather changes suddenly. Cant help with broad beans as i spring plant

Comment

Agree on the garlic, we've had it a few inches tall before and, even in those 2 hard winters, it seems to be fine whatever gets thrown at it.

Like a bit of cold does your garlic

I also do BB's in the spring, my one attempt at overwintering was a complete unmitigated disaster

Comment

Not planted mine yet, but I've planted it earlier in the past, had it several inches tall by now and it's been fine.

Comment

thanks for a reminder,my garlic is still in the shed
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

yip

garlic in showing early signs however always got the best results from broad beans planted in april

happy gardening

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum mobile app

Comment

I got better results from broad beans planted in autumn. Mine get too dry if planted spring. Autumn ones go slow during winter, but then are shot up and flowering already here this spring. Worth a try.
              Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Last time I tried autumn planting, it wasn't v successful, but having read about other people's successes thought I'd try again.

Will also some more in around Feb time. I'll just plant it out on the allotment, it has 2 choices!
                Last edited by Dorothy rouse; 20-10-2014, 07:39 AM.
                DottyR

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X